WHAT WE BELIEVE
THE QUICK VERSION!
We believe that life only makes sense with Jesus. Jesus is God's son who died on the cross for us, and offers forgiveness and hope to everyone.
You can hear more about Jesus any Sunday, or in the short Christianity Explored course. Contact the Office for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the glory of Jesus, we build up each other and we reach out to the world, through the God's word and prayer.
WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT GOD
- There is one eternal God, in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matt 28:18-20, Rev 1:4-5)
- The Father is creator and sustainer of everything. He is holy, just and loving. We are adopted by him to be his children, and so we can call him Father. (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:6, Eph 1:3-10)
- The Son, Jesus is eternal God who was born of a virgin and became a man. He lived a perfectly sinless life, establishing God’s kingdom on Earth. Jesus offers redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin through his sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute. He bodily rose to new life and ascended into heaven. He will return to judge the living and the dead. (Matthew 1:23, 3:2, 26:28, 28:6, John 1:14, 14:6-7, Acts 1:11, Colossians 1:15-17, Hebrews 1:3, 1 Peter 2:22)
- The Holy Spirit is God who dwells in believers and unites us to God. He is send by the Father and the Son, to convict us of sin and point us to Jesus. He makes the death of Christ effective for us. He also inspired the Bible as God’s personal Word to us. (John 16:8-11, 1 Cor 3:16, Eph 2:22)
WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT HUMANS
- Humans are created by God and for relationship with him. All humanity has sinned against God, leaving us separated from God and facing God’s wrath, death and judgement. (Genesis 1:26, john 3:36, Romans 2:5, 3:23, 8:8)
- But because of Jesus’ death, salvation is offered to all who turn from sin and trust in Jesus as Saviour, Lord and God. With God’s wrath turned aside, our punishment taken, we can be forgiven and have assurance of being a child of God and having eternal life. (John 3:16, 3:36, Romans 5:9, 8:17, Eph 2:3, Col 3:6, 1 Thess 1:10, 5:9, Titus 3:3-7)
WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT THE CHURCH
- The eternal Church is the gathering of all believers around Christ in heaven. The expression of this on earth, is the local congregation. Believers, while they wait for Jesus to return, use their gifts to build up the Church and reach out to the world. (Romans 8:23 1 Corinthians 1:7, Titus 2:13).
- There are two specific sacraments (signs) given in the Bible that we recognise - the Lord’s Supper (Holy Communion) and Baptism. (Luke 22:13-23, Matt 28:18-20)